12.11.2008

Quicky Preggo Update- 15 weeks

Hi. All is well in baby town. Tonite we get to go the hospital and see where fitzbaby will be born and probably get a sales pitch for birthing classes. I'm excited because this is supposed to be one of those "family friendly" hospitals where you get a private room and labor/deliver/recover all in one place thats decorated like a guest bedroom (if your guest room had creepy medical stuff in the corners).
I have been experiancing a little "Round Ligament Pain" which is preggo-ese for "bizarre twingy pain in belly area"- particularly when I sneeze, which I just did. Ouch. Apparantly this is due to the weight of my womb pulling on all the ligaments attached to it. Who knew?

I have a doc apt next week, but not a cool ultrasound appointment (BOO!!!). We do get to listen to the fitzbaby's li'l heartbeat though, which should be nice.

I go in for some dental treatments the day before. I was nervous since I didn't want to do anything that could hurt the baby, but my doc signed a waiver saying all was cool. I guess second trimester, in addition to not sucking like first trimester, means your baby is a lot more developed and durable, so a little novacaine on mom's teeth wont hurt him/her.

And then!! Next week!! I go home to NY for what I hope is the best Christmas to date!! I miss my family SO much, and I SO need a Lucy-hug- I really can barely contain myself!!! I particularly miss my Mom- It's weird, but being pregnant really makes me just want to hug her. A lot. Also, NY food. There are no words for how much of you I intend to eat, and how much I intend to enjoy it. I have only gained 5 lbs so far (right on target), so I feel like I am entitled to a foody good time.

I'll try to get a new belly-pic up this weekend- things are DEFINITELY a'changing on that front.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Lerv and kisses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. My daughter has eclipsed me as one of your NY highlights. : P

tinyparticlesoflight said...

So THAT'S what that pain has been! I've found that if I pull my legs up right before I sneeze it helps.
;)